Skip to main content

Stop...Look and Listen


Sometimes, in our relentless effort to please other people, there comes a time that we’re already limiting our own happiness. We live up to others expectations knowing that what we’re projecting to other is not really us.

The world is a big theater where all of us are actors. We hide our true selves in a different mask. While in the front stage, we show to others that we’re strong but once we go to the back stage, we sit there, sulk in one corner, thinking how worn out we already are.

Sometimes, I wish that the world were not that complicated. How I wish life was simple like before. It’s very hard to show to others that I’m okay when I know I’m not. To smile while holding back the tears welling from my eyes. And to stand up when I’m all laid down on my feet.

If only I could retreat from my problems I would, but I know I can’t, they’re expecting a lot from me and they’re not used to seeing me like this. I have to wipe away my tears and hold my head up high even though my head’s screaming for a break. I’m all wounded and I don’t think if I'll ever be healed.

I want to cry and tell everybody that I want to give up…it’s enough. But how would I be able to show others that I’m also weak when it’s from me they get all their strengths from? They think I’m so tough and I never withdraw from anything. They think I’m problem free when in fact I’m not. I’m also human, I can feel pain, and like others, I also need some rest. Why can’t some people understand that I also get tired gratifying them. How I wish even just once in my life I’d do things without minding what other people might say. I’ll wake up, eat, go to school, go home, eat and sleep without people dictating me what I should do or act.

It’s so funny that we think of what other people will say to us when on the contrary, they won’t have anything to do with our own happiness later on. On one occasion, let us stop thinking others, don’t be too selfless. Look or search for the things that would make you happy and fully satisfied. Then listen not only to your brain but to your heart as well. The brain might give you best advice but who knows what you’ll get when you follow your heart even for a minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black Sheep

The night was getting deeper as I trudged along the dark alley leading to the apartment. The misty air and the stillness of the night bring back memories of the past. Memories that I have put on the back burner for a long time now. Memories that served as an envenom that is slowly killing and eating me wholly. Then rain drops started falling and before I knew it, thoughts kept flooding rapidly together with the rain. It’s the first day of my Senior year. I can’t describe the excitement I am feeling as my dad pulled over our Chevrolet in the school’s driveway. I hurriedly gave a peck on dad’s right cheek and went down to meet my friends and gave each other some updates on our summer vacation. The bell rang and we sped up to our rooms and faced our books. Another dreadful year in school again, but at least this will be my last year in High school. I am Eunice, the only daughter of two of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country. An average girl living a grandiose life. I was bo

Kuwadradong Mundo

Nakatanaw na naman ako sa may kalawakan na para bang may hinihintay. Gabi-gabi ay ito ang gawain ko. Napakatahimik ng kapaligiran at tanging mga kuliglig lamang at tiktak ng orasan ang naririnig. Ni hindi ko nga namalayan na alas-dose na pala ng hating-gabi. Puyat na naman ako, pero ayos lang. Mas gusto kong manatiling gising habang ang lahat ay natutulog na. Gusto kong lasapin ang katahimikan ng mundo dahil doon ko lamang mas nakikita ang angking kagandahan nito. Tumingala ako at minalas ang kalangitaan. ‘Di gaya kagabi, ngayon ay mabibilang mo lamang ang mga bituin at sa ‘di mawaring kadahilanan ay nakadama ako ng kalungkutan. Unti-unting nanumbalik ang mga masasaya at malulungkot na pangyayari sa aking buhay. Napabuntong-hininga ako sabay sambit sa aking sarili, “Pagod na ako.” Pakiramdam ko ay wala na akong patutunguhan pa. Para bang wala ng pagbabago ang buhay ko. Nakakulong na ako sa kuwadrado kong mundo, kung saan ang lahat ng aking gawain ay tila naka-programmed, na dito sa mun

In the Limelight

Below is the feature article I made for Blush Magazine, our school project.I Interviewed one of my clique who was then the school's representative for Campus Diva. Sugar, thanks for the pix from Friendster...I owe you one. ;p T he recently held Search For Ms. Campus Diva last October 1, 2002 was such a blast. There were 24 schools who vied in the said contest and Blush was lucky enough to interview one of the winners for Ms. Campus Diva. The 3rd runner up gal from Siena College of Q.C. Now, let’s get a little up close and personal with Phyllys. Full Name: Phyllys C. Flores Nickname: Sugar Birthday: July 29, 1982 School: Siena College of Q.C Blush: Since when did you started singing and who influenced you? Sugar: I started singing when I was 4 years old. Almost all the members of our family know how to sing, especially my mom and my aunt. They always find time to hear me sing and make me participate in our family gatherings. B: Have you undergone any workshop in singing? S