Skip to main content

Reminiscing

It was just an ordinary day like the days before. I was in my room, lying in my bed, while listening to the radio. Then the phone rang… I immediately picked it up and asked who’s on the line. To my surprise, it’s YOU!

I never really imagined talking to you because you’re the least kind of person who would call me. I never even knew that you existed. But not until we became group mates in one of our school’s theater play presentation.

Then the phone calls became constant, I could say that we instantly jive because we have lots in common, maybe we’re soul friends… or should I say…soul mates?

We usually see each other in school and gave each other occasional “hi’s” and “hello’s” whenever we meet along the corridor. Then the time came when I can’t help but take a second glance at you whenever our eyes meet. Maybe there’s something in you, maybe I’m starting to notice your eyes that also smiles whenever you do, or maybe… I’m falling for you.

That night was a very memorable one. I don’t know, everything just happened so fast. All I know was that we revealed our feelings to one another. You just didn’t know how happy I was to learn that the feeling was mutual, but still, there’s a fear, fear of being hurt because I know that it’s next to impossible for you to be mine, but I still took the risk.

The past few weeks were all right, it’s like everyday was a red-letter day for me. Though I know that the time we spent together were only stolen moments, I’m still happy.

But what seems to be the problem? Our phone conversations became monotonous, whenever we talk, it seems as though you’re always itching to put the phone down. I can feel you’re slowly drifting away from me… what’s wrong?

Then I knew that same night the twin tower collapsed, your feelings for me also collapsed. It’s very evident though you tried to hide it. I didn’t know why, I was so confused. Something has really changed, I can tell it by the way you looked at me, acted, texted or talked to me. I can even remember those nights where I usually asked you to put the phone down first in hope to hear those three words you now barely say for the past days. But you didn’t.

I cried upon learning that you’re actually trying to avoid me. For the reason that you don’t want ME to be hurt, you don’t want HER to be hurt, yes, her! You don’t want us to be hurt.

You have your special someone and I know you can’t fight for me. Because sad to say, you’re afraid to take the risk and your love isn’t enough. But don’t worry, it’s fine, I understand, I always do… that was the last time you told me, “I LOVE YOU.”

I often cry at night in the silence of my room, where I know no one could hear me except the four corners of my bedroom wall. I’d cover my face with pillows so no one can hear my wails. I didn’t know what else to do, I didn’t even know if I can make it to another day, knowing things weren’t the same as before. I even reached to a point where I didn’t want to hear love songs anymore; all of them just reminded me of you. Whenever I go to school, oftentimes, I come with swollen eyes due to too much crying all night. I always feel so pathetic trying to beg some attention from you, but what can I do? I love you…

Then the phone calls lessen, maybe because we’re just both busy. Every time we had the chance to talk, I wanted to tell you how much I still love you, but I just shut up, knowing it won’t make sense anymore to you.

Another semester, same old faces, same old rooms and chairs. But something’s different, because now you’re gone.

I sometimes find myself walking along the school’s familiar hallways tracing our steps, staring at the place where I usually see you with your friends and the chair where you used to sit. Then it would just bring me into tears knowing the painful reality that you’re really gone.

I wonder if you also miss me the same way I’m missing you, if you still love me the way I’m still loving you. But I don’t want to hear the answer anymore because it might hurt.

It’s the reality of life, people do come and go. Some are for fun; others are for tears; while most of them are just passing by. I don’t know which of them do you belong, but I just want you to know that I don’t regret meeting you. And if ever I am to live my life again, I’d still choose to meet you and love you.

This is another ordinary day like the days before. I am in my room, lying on my bed, while listening to the radio. Then I hear our song… I smile as I remember you while holding back the tears welling from my eyes.

It still hurts, but I know it’ll be over soon, I know I’ll forget this feeling I have for you. I know…I know…I HOPE…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black Sheep

The night was getting deeper as I trudged along the dark alley leading to the apartment. The misty air and the stillness of the night bring back memories of the past. Memories that I have put on the back burner for a long time now. Memories that served as an envenom that is slowly killing and eating me wholly. Then rain drops started falling and before I knew it, thoughts kept flooding rapidly together with the rain. It’s the first day of my Senior year. I can’t describe the excitement I am feeling as my dad pulled over our Chevrolet in the school’s driveway. I hurriedly gave a peck on dad’s right cheek and went down to meet my friends and gave each other some updates on our summer vacation. The bell rang and we sped up to our rooms and faced our books. Another dreadful year in school again, but at least this will be my last year in High school. I am Eunice, the only daughter of two of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country. An average girl living a grandiose life. I was bo

Bukang Liwayway

Nag-aagaw ang dilim at liwanag at makikita ang anyo ng dalawang tao, babae at lalake sa may burol. Nakahilig sa balikat ng lalake ang babae habang nakatanaw sa papalitaw na haring araw. Apatnapung taon na silang pabalik-balik sa burol na iyon. Sila ay sina Inang Rosa at Tata Isko. Kilalang-kilala sila ng kanilang mga kababaryo. Kapwa sila nasa may sisenta ang edad at mula pagkabata ay bulag. Beinte anyos ng unang magkakilala ang dalawa, taga kabilang baryo si Tata Isko. Naging madalas ang pagdalaw ni Tata Isko sa baryo nina Inang Rosa dahil nagaangkat ng mga panindang gulay ang kanyang ama at siya ay tumutulong, sa kabilang banda naman ay tindera ng gulay ang ina ni Manang Rosa at gaya ni Tata Isko, ay katu-katulong siya ng ina sa pagtitinda. At dahil dito ay nagkakilala at nagkapalagayan ng loob ang dalawa. Magkasintahan pa lamang ang dalawa ay madalas na silang tumungo sa burol upang bantayan ang bukang liwayway na siyang ipinagtataka ng mga taga-baryo, dahil paano nga naman nila mas

Ebooks: Now You're Talking

Electronic books or commonly known as Ebooks are fast becoming popular with today’s busy lifestyle. This is especially suitable for those people who don’t have much time in their hands to read books but can’t get their favorite sci-fi books out of their hands. Ebooks can be acquired through the net with fee or sometimes even for free. It has become increasingly common that e-books can get pretty quite addictive at times. And why not? Getting an e-book spare someone from traveling to the nearest bookstore to get his very own copy of his much beloved series not to mention that it’s only for free and won’t even eat up a single space in the book shelf. Ebooks can be enjoyed on laptops, Palm, or even Pocket PC. But guess what? Fanatics can still get hold of the stories they want while doing something else sans the strain in the eyes they get from reading. So give those eyes some rest and let the ears do the working. Now, the latest innovation of ebook is finally here to meet the growing de